Reading a lot of posts around the internet lately between RPGs and comics and pop culture nerdity have caused me to come to several conclusions.
1. If you are going to every increasing lengths to bag on something you supposedly gave up on months or even years ago, perhaps you need to reconsider how valid your commentary is in the grand scheme of things. It's got to be better focusing on stuff you like rather than stuff you gave up on months or years ago.
Now, all bets are off if someone asks your opinion. It's still yours, and if someone asks for it, they are, indeed, asking for it. But sharing it unbidden when you have nothing new to add to your previous reservoir of vitriol? Not seeing the point.
2. If you disagree with someone else's opinion on something, and they seem as if they might be willing to give said hobby up due to the hobby changing from their expectations, try not to tell them what they will or will not do.
Saying that someone "will be back" because they "ragequit" probably doesn't help much. Telling a complete stranger on the internet that you know them better than themselves is pretty dismissive, and pretty inflammatory. Sometimes a person that is very emotional about their hobby might say things they regret, but telling them their own mind is only likely to make them emphatically restate the same things.
They may change their mind, they may calm down, or they may not. The only thing you really do know about them is that you aren't them and they aren't you.
3. If you don't like something, but you were really passionate about it, don't be afraid to find something similar to fill that void. I got pretty bummed about changes I disliked about DC Comics. I swore off of comics, but then realized that some of Marvel's current stuff is actually pretty readable.
4. If your real hobby is complaining about stuff, that's cool too. Just don't get bent out of shape if someone actually points this out to you.
5. Look at all of your posts and commentary in the "public" arena. If you have about 50 comments that look almost exactly the same, perhaps it's time to realize that the world is not going to change by reiterating a similar comment yet one more time.