Sunday, June 24, 2012

Game Night: Pathfinder Undead Apocalypse with Godlings (June 24th, 2012)

I'm a little late with this particular post, but our Thursday Pathfinder game, which was playing the Shackled City AP, then was a series of one shots while we were transitioning to a new GM, has settled into the new campaign.

Originally, I had intended to take over and run the Way of the Wicked AP by Fire Mountain Games, but at the time, I was still running two other games  (DC Adventures and Rogue Trader).  My DC Adventures game has come to an end, but I still wasn't quite ready to jump back into the Pathfinder GM seat, so HangedFool stepped up with an idea that he had wanted to run for a while.

Originally, the game was suppose to start out with the world  (Golarion, in this case) having suffered a demonic incursion and an undead apocalypse 1000 years ago, and the group would be clerics just setting out to secure the world for what's left of the population.

Genius Guide to the Godling


For various and sundry reasons, this idea morphed into everyone starting out as a Godling  (from Super Genius Games), as the gods have had children specifically so that they could fix the problems and get to the bottom of the demon-undead issues.

Genius Guide to the Mystic Godling


For some inexplicable reason, I had it firmly affixed in my head that I needed to make a character based on Randy Savage, complete with doing the voice all night long.  His name is Mario, and he's the son of Kurgess, the god of strength and competition.  Mario is big on pushing himself past his bounds to learn what he is capable of, and a big believer in "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger."



Thus far, we have be lauded as city heroes, we were thrown into a gladiatorial style area as our final test before heading out into the wide world, got attacked by a ton of increasingly powerful undead, then found out that "something went wrong" and rushed out of the arena while angels covered our retreat from a nasty fiendish thingy that was way too powerful for us to take.

We ended up in a monastery filled with books about our destiny, and filled with monks that are suppose to help prep us to go out into the world and save it.  We managed to zip right to 2nd level, and I chose to stay a Godling for level two.

Genius Guide to the Godling Ascendant


Notable developments:  One member of the party is a goblin that doesn't speak common.  Everything I have said to him has been mistranslated by our vicious psycho of a halfling, thus giving the goblin a very different view of our relationship than I have.

I had a lot of fun, as I got to ham it up quite a bit and it's a much different set up then I've had for a Pathfinder game in a while.

2 comments:

  1. I need to work on being more goblin-y for the next session. I'll have to drink a few cans of Jolt and snort some pixie sticks. It should work well until my heart explodes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to get a video of a fire to play on my tablet just so you can stare at it and get your goblin mojo going.

    ReplyDelete