Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Experiment Time! (Google+ Hangout Gaming)

I'm trying to get together a group to play through the Breakout event on Google+ through Hangouts, to get a better idea of how online gaming will work in this venue, and also to get a chance to run Marvel Heroic Roleplaying.  Yes, I know.  Poor scientific method going with two variables.



Anyway, I'm looking to start up Thursday, August 2nd, from 7 pm (Central) to 11 pm  (Central . . . yeah, I know, why would I switch up the end time).  Also looking at running this every other Thursday, until the event is through, at which point, we'll see what we've got, yea or nay, for another event/campaign.



If you are interested, let me know.  Please be reasonably sure that you'll be able to commit to the every other week schedule before you volunteer.  I'm looking for a group of about five, and if we have three or more, the session goes off, and if we drop below three for the night, the game, she is not happening.

I'm looking at running this with some of the extras from online that MWP has put out, and with some of the datafiles from the Civil War event  (and a few from the Breakout event restricted).

If the gaming side of things seems to gel well enough, I'm thinking of coming up with a schedule for a Dungeon Crawl Classics game and/or a Pathfinder game running the Way of the Wicked campaign, though I'll likely do those on a Tuesday night.

4 comments:

  1. Jared, could you explain what this Google+Hangout, is.

    Thanks,
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basically if you are logged into Google+, you can start a "Hangout," which is an online "conference call" that you can see each other through (if you have a camera on your computer) and hear each other through (if you have a mic), not unlike Skype, but easier to log on and more stable, from what I've seen.

      Delete
  2. Oh, ok. That's pretty cool. I think my laptop has all of that. I know it has a webcan. Pretty sure it has a built in mic but I need to check on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'll look like a goof, because I'm probably going to be wearing my headset with the mic built in, but with my bad ear, I want to make sure I can hear everyone alright.

    ReplyDelete