Tuesday, July 24, 2012

It's In My Head! (Engine Publishing's Never Unprepared)

So I'm running a one shot as a prelude to running the Breakout event for Marvel Heroic Roleplaying on Thursday night.  Just a session to throw some of the game's rules out there for anyone that isn't that comfortable, and a chance to see how the Google Hangout format is going to work for the group.



Originally I was going to make a very plot-light scenario.  What I have in mind isn't deep or anything, but the more I thought about it, the more I didn't want to not tell a story at all in a game that is focused on narrative.

When I started to think about how I wanted to structure the event, it occurred to me that I was naturally running through Brainstorming-Selection-Conceptualization-Documentation-Review  (although I admit that my Brainstorming and Selection still get muddied, and my review is fairly cursory).

If nothing else, it once it becomes a habit, it does seem to just naturally flow in that order.

No comments:

Post a Comment