Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Prep Night!

Just a quick post about my prep for my Marvel Heroic RPG game tomorrow night.

I'm running the Breakout event from the Basic Game.  I had initially wanted to put up a Google+ page for the event with all of the information about unlockables and updates on what happened last session, however, I was getting a little confused over how exactly to set up the page to display to people and the like, so I gave up on that one.

Still, the event scheduling on Google+ has been working well.



Since my printer can print out index cards, I printed out the hero's datafiles on index cards, the cards for the villains that will come up, and the cards for any potential "turned" villains if the PCs go that route.



I also printed out the event milestones so I can glance at them from time to time.  It's nice having the heroes and the milestones printed out, so I can jump on those XP awards and limits when they should logically come up.



And yes, I went out and bought a Spider-Man notebook to do all of my prep work in.  I didn't just do it to be cute.  I'm a firm believer in getting in the right frame of mind, so why not get a notebook that puts me in mind of what I'm about to run?



Having a lot of fun with this.  Hope the prep work helps me to properly pull off this event and give my players a good game.

4 comments:

  1. You have spider man on your prep book. What could possibly go wrong?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can go wrong?! He has *me* playing Captain America in the game!


    ReplyDelete