Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Knowing is Half the Battle

I'm a hack.  I could never have a job at a real RPG company or writing or anything like that.  I lack discipline and something called talent.  I fully recognize this.

That's probably why I get a little perplexed when I actually see something I write somewhere else online, especially when it's not credited to me.

From time to time I hope that I have some good ideas, that I present in a readable fashion, that other people can rework from my amateur yammering into something worthwhile.  I'm a raw material, not a finished good.

Not even a particularly good raw material.  Just something laying around all over the place, I just happen to put myself in a particular area to be seen.

Also, I know that at some point in time in my life I have probably done something rotten enough to warrant having someone take my stuff and put their name on it.  I know I have been a jerk in the past, and have no right to expect the rest of the world to be immune to the same.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, this blog is publicly available.  If you find something you want to steal and pass off as yours, I can't do anything about it, because I'm dumb enough to shout my half-finished musings across cyber space.

But could you at least maybe post a "wow, that's a neat idea" comment on the blog with a sock puppet before you steal it?  I mean, I don't deserve it, but I might as well attempt a self serving swipe at an ego boost.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment